Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to put your talent in strategic thinking, financial forecasting, organization behavior, project management, or policy advocacy in the service of a great cause?
Well, look no further! If you are committed to keeping children safe and parenting nurturing, we are looking for you!
The Texas Foster Care Association is looking for leaders like you to join our board of directors. For 45 years, our volunteer board has been the strategic heart of our organization, ensuring that in our work for children, we deliver real results, respond to changes in our community and always deliver the highest ethical standards to be worthy of our public support.
If you are one or more of the following, we would like to hear from you:
- Foster, kinship, and adoptive parents willing to share with us your experiences and talents in order to uplift our organizational mission and vision
- Energetic and entrepreneurial business people eager to put their enthusiasm for changing the world to work for our children and families
- Community leaders and philanthropists willing to engage their peers to support foster, kinship, and adoptive children and the families that care for them
- Astute governmental advocates who can assist in navigating the political landscape of policy development, funding, and legislation
- Leaders at our partner agencies–parenting, education, criminal justice, child and youth services –interested in building active programs with us
- Health care professionals –pediatricians, public health, health associations –dedicated to helping children in our community grow up in safe and committed homes
- Scholars/academics who want to put their expertise in child development, physical and mental health promotion, children, youth and families to work in the community
- Parents/grandparents and others who have a demonstrated talent, joy and energy in chairing successful fundraising events and promotions
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you’ll find board service very rewarding. We are looking for team members who will:
- Attend teleconference board meetings monthly and in-person meetings annually
- Actively serve on two of our committees
- Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues and peers
- Be always curious to learn more about the field of foster care, kinship care, adoption, and nonprofit governance
Interested in being considered for our board?
- You can get all the details and apply at ELECTIONS, or
- contact Shawn Johnson with any questions at email@example.com